30 August 2006

What happens now?

Three months ago the company I was working for was bought out by the competitor. Many people lost their jobs as a result. I was one of the lucky ones to be absorbed by the new company. All is good until two weeks ago we were called into the boardroom and we were told that there will be more redundancies. I had to speak up then. I admit I was upset and no one in the management could stop me from expressing it. They did try to calm me down. Even the top IT Manager called me from Sydney to assure me that I'm safe.

Today is the day people were told that they're losing their jobs. Five of us in IT and three were told to go. Such a sad day for us here at the office. On one hand I'm happy I still have a job, but on the other I feel sad for those guys I've been working with for so long. One of them I've been working with for nine years.


Life can be really tough sometimes.

5 comments:

gP said...

welcome to the blog world! hope your stay is long and prosperous and you make many many friends.

Soul Massive said...

Hi Stefania, Does this mean you don't have secrets yet?

Soul Massive said...

Glad to meet someone probably on the same level as me in terms of skills in photography. How do you find the camera though? Have you bought any accessories for it?

gP said...

hey yes dj, you are my new found friend on blog day (yesterday). jst to let u know. Or r u conviniently ignoring me? :D :LO

Soul Massive said...

Oh sorry ghost! Not ignoring you at all. You did mention about your photoblogs. I tried to look for it but couldn't find them. I'm still a newbie to blogging so I still get a lil confused.