30 August 2006

My New Camera!

I did go through with it. The break in upset me so much that I had to buy a new camera the next day. However, this time I thought I’d buy something more serious and not just a toy. Since I don’t know anything about photography, I decided to go for something not quite SLR but almost. I thought if it looks like an SLR, then it must be SLR. I was wrong. But this is still a very good buy as I checked some reviews on the net after I bought it and it turned out I didn’t make a mistake in choosing the Canon S3 IS.

I was actually going to buy a camcorder with 3CCD but as I saw these still cameras, the urge was so strong I couldn’t resist it. They had this Canon S3 IS at JB Hi Fi for $850. I decided to go to Harvey Norman to check out their price as they had a big sign in their store saying “Digital Camera Megasale!”. I went inside and looked for this particular model and guess what? Price tag was $895. Spoke to the saleslady and told her about JB Hi Fi’s price. She left and talked to someone for a couple of minutes and she came back with a new price of $840. Not bad I said. Time to take some photos!

No comments: